Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Years!!!


Happy New Years Everyone!!!

Even after I stopped receiving money (a Korean tradition) New Years has been one of my favorite holidays. It's just a day of hope, faith, and good intentions. This New Years, however, hardly feels like New Years. Not sure what it is but this Christmas hardly felt like Christmas as well. Maybe it just comes with getting older? Maybe it's me? Maybe it's just this year?

That's not to say it's all doomy and gloomy.

Even though I don't really believe in setting resolutions I normally do start to reflect on the years past and think about adjustments I would like to make for the year forward. This year though, nothing concrete and big comes to mind and I think it's because I'm at a point now where I am pretty content with my life. That's not to say it's perfect, of course. My house could always be cleaner, I could always stand to save more money, make more money, lead a healthier lifestyle, blah blah blah. But, overall, I'm pretty content with the status quo.Some tweaks will need to me made but no overhaul needed. It's a good feeling.

I heard on the radio last night that it's a Puerto Rican tradition to clean house on new years- to get rid of the bad energy/spirit and invite the new. A good house cleaning seems like a great way to start the new years and I think that's how I'll spend the rest of my day!  

2 comments:

The Asian Pear said...

Happy new year! Hope the cleaning went well. That's a Chinese New Year tradition we have. I plan to do that in February. Sweep away the old to bring in the new. :)

Jin6655321 said...

Happy New Year to you as well! Can't wait to celebrate the year of the snake!