Thursday, April 5, 2012

Book Mark Clean Out!

Work.

Man, there's no reason why work should be this hard or this stressful. At the same time, work is best it's been. So strange, the best of time and the worst of time. Why can't it just be awesome all the time? I need to go in today and have a conversation with my managers, again. That seems like it's all I do, is talk, listen, talk, talk, listen. I come home and all I want to do is just zone out and not think anymore.

So... What's been going on with me?

Well, for one, I am OBSESSED with Frozen Yogurt right now. Between Pinkberry, Sweet Frog, and Tutti Frutti my fro-yo habit is spinning out of control.

I am also obsessed with HGTV right now. You would think that this would inspire me to make some changes to our house but it really hasn't. Lots of ideas floating around but no action... Yet.

Today I have to go to work and have another "Come to Jesus" talk. There was a time when I would be so nervous to have that kind of conversation with someone but I have had to have so many of those it hardly seems unpleasant. That's not to say I'm looking forward to it...

Jimmy Choo Makes Coozie Now Too But You Should Stick to Hermes- After reading this I checked out Heremes' site for the first time ever and geez... Working at the "fancy mall" I see a lot of high end bags and the more Hermes, Chanel, Prada and Gucci I see, the less I get it. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't turn down a free LV and had I won the Mega Millions, a $5,000+ bag probably would have made it on my list of "Things to Buy Now that I'm Really Rich" but... Anyway, a $200 coozie (those sleeves you put on your coffee cup because they're too hot) is just silly because having your own reusable coozie is kind of stupid. You can't even argue that it's a green effort because if you cared that much abut the environment you would be using a reusable, insulated cup.

Stretched to the Limit- Truth. I was totally in denial about my weight gain until I put on my favorite pair of jeans, the ones without any stretch and... Oh man, it should not be this hard to button up a pair of jeans! Holy crap I got fat!

The 6 Weirdest Thing that Are Ruining Your Memory- I don't know that my memory was ever that good but it is crazy scary how bad they are now. It's starting to impair my ability to do my job efficiently and I've taken to writing every thing down... only to forget that I wrote it down. It's all part of getting older and not, like a brain fungus or anything, right?

Top 10 Tricks That Give You Power Over Your Body- I'll have to try that calf rubbing thing.

Use Your Cell Phone's Camera to Find Your Glasses- Oh my goodness, this is brilliant! How did I not think of this on my own?

Pumpkin Ricotta Gnocchi- The other day I was talking to a co-worker who told me she was looking forward to eating the chicken "no-chee" at the local cafe and asked me if I had ever had it. Having never heard of a chicken "no-chee" I said no. Then, she comes back with gnocchi and starts to talk about how amazing they are. I told her that I am also a fan of gnocchi's, that my mother in law makes them really well, and that they taste really good with bacon. She's looking at me like I'm kind of weird and that's when I realized that, not to long ago, I told her I had never had "no-chees". So, what do I do? Do I point out to her that I didn't know what she was talking about because she mispronounced them or do I let her think I lie about food? I just let her think I lied because I think unless you're a language teacher, family, or friends, fixing someone's pronunciation is kind of iffy.

How Long Should I Charge My Gadget's Battery to Prolong It's Life Span?- Because a laptop with a 20 minute battery life really sucks.

Brush Up on Your Culinary Skills This Weekend- Man, I can't remember the last time I cooked (rather than prepared); it was probably before Michael broke his toe. Once you brush up on your skills you can try these easy recipes!

Cat Call, Circa 1961- CATS!!!

Aktiv- $87,000 seems like a lot for a 745 sq ft house when you still have to buy the land but I guess it comes fully furnished?

Loewe Fall 2012- The bags themselves are not that exciting but I thought the way the models carry the bags was pretty interesting. Recently I have noticed women are carrying non-clutch bags as clutches- like big shoulder bags crumpled and cradled in their arm. I have a feeling it has more to do with alleviating shoulder pain rather than a fashion statement but, regardless, it looks kind of goofy.

Make a Modular Felt Trivet- My table is small and squared shaped, making it virtually impossible for me to find a place mat that will fit all four sides. Maybe I should custom make them.

Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Get a Dog- Reading the comments made me realize that we're not ready for a dog. I'm not even sure if we're ready for a cat.

Living In: Mannequin- One of my favorite movies growing up!

No comments: